“To Improve your life – You must first improve yourself”
4 Important Areas to improve to achieve maximum self-growth
Self-love is a daily goal that needs constant work. As a result, there are 4 areas in your life that you can make little daily goals to achieve so that you can always work at bettering yourself.
Why better yourself?
I believe that happiness and self-love relies on constantly striving to be the best ‘you’ that you could be. I stress the fact that it does not mean comparing yourself to others. You can never be a better ‘them’ you could only be a better ‘you’.
Health : Food and Body
The food that we nourish our bodies with can play a huge part in how we feel. I can speak for myself that when I take the time and plan out what I’ll be eating for the week versus splurging on some fast food last minute – I typically feel way better.
This is not to say we cannot ever treat ourselves – because, you should know I LOVE to make my tastebuds happy. But, it is to say that it’s important to be mindful of what we put in is what energy we put out.
Here are some small tweaks you can do to improve on your food and body habits :
- Up your water intake. Splitting it up has always worked for me. Start with a glass when you wake up and before you go to bed. Once you have that down, add one at lunch and during dinner.
- Move your body for 15-25 minutes every day. This could mean yoga in the morning, or maybe going for a walk in the afternoon. Whatever kind of exercise works for you. Find something that you LIKE to do. This is so important.
- Weight loss hack : As long as you are burning more calories than you are eating, you will lose weight.
- Create a list of your favourite foods/ recipes that you would want to learn how to cook and get to Pinterest! Try and plan out a new grocery list for your next trip to the store. Plan it out.
Mind : Educate yourself and open your mind
Much like the body, when seeking changes to improve your life, it’s important to nourish our brains with knowledge that can improve us. To learn is to grow.
Here are some healthy suggestions that you can do to help stimulate your mind :
Research a few different podcasts that you would like to check out.
What are you interested in? Stories? Advice? Motivation? Podcasts have it all and they are so informative. Figure out what you want to learn, and make a little playlist.
A few of my favourite motivational podcasts:
- Don’t keep your day job
- Manifestation Babe
- Tiny Leaps, Big Changes
Pick a book that inspires you and read a chapter of it every night
Books are a great way to open up your mind and teach you about the things you love. I happen to love motivation and self-improvement so I love reading books that reflect that.
A couple of my most favourite motivational books:
- You are A Badass: How to Stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life by Jen Sincero
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- Talk money to Me by Kelley Keehn
Sign up for a Masterclass that you can do that peaks your interest and that you would like to learn more about.
Soul : Self - reflection and Inner Talk
It’s very important to set aside time to truly self-reflect. In order to improve yourself, you need to figure out who you are and who you would like to be. Ask yourself the hard questions, set time aside to dive deep and meditate.
Here are some of my suggestions you can do to help you reflect on your inner self :
- Pick out a set of positive affirmations that truly speak to you and repeat them every morning when you wake up
- Rearrange your happy playlist I give you some happy suggestions in my post Improve your Happiness with these playlist here.
- Take a moment to write out your goals for the week, month, life. Write it all down and see what you can do daily that gets you closer to each goal. I go through a breakdown on goal writing that you can read under Manifestation.
Financial : Money Management
Here are some ideas on how you can improve your money mindset. It’s important to get your personal finances in order so that you can improve your savings and spending goals. Managing your money is a great way for you to feel better about yourself.
Here are some ways you can improve your money management :
- Pay all of your bills off and start fresh for the month (if you can!)
- Budget through all of your upcoming monthly expenses and write down their due dates
- Write out your career and financial goals for the future so you can see your path